* * *
We received the following in an email from a reliable source. We have NOT verified the references at this time due to deadlines, but felt that this is a time sensitive issue and wanted our visitors to have the information as quickly as possible to research for themselves.
* * *
As everyone is aware, HR 3200, the “America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009” is getting a lot of media attention. Some of the things that are not being mentioned in the mainstream media warrant your immediate attention and action. Listed below are some details from the 1017 page bill that our congress is wanting to impose on us, like we are their slaves or subjects. Many of the health insurance premium increases happen because of government mandates and embedded premium taxes. You never hear anyone in congress mention that many of the premium increases are because of their meddling.
We have a member of Congress who has said,
“We need to raise the standard of living of our poor, unemployed and minorities. For example, we have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help along with millions of unemployed minorities. Stock market windfall profits taxes could go a long way to guarantee these people the standard of living they would like to have as ‘Americans’.”
– Nancy Pelosi
Now, remember that Mrs. Pelosi is also a firm believer that she is better qualified than you are to make your health care decisions.
For the complete details of the healthcare bill go to:
Verify for yourself the following statements, unless you are a media shill who still has HOPE that the media will give you all the real facts and thinks that the Government should be your mommy.
- Pgs 16-19: States that if you have insurance at the time of the bill becoming law and change, you will be required to take a similar plan. If that is not available, you will be required to take the Government option!
- Pg 22: MANDATES the Government will audit books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!!
- Pg 30 Sec 123: THERE WILL BE A GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process).
- Pg 29 lines 4-16: YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!!!
- Pg 42: The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your Healthcare Benefits for you. You have no choice!
- Pg 50 Section 152: Healthcare will be provided to ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise.
- Pg 58 lines 5-13: Government will have real-time access to individual finances and a National ID Health card will be issued!
- Pg 59 lines 21-24: Government will have direct access to your banks accounts for electronic funds transfer.
- Pg 65 Sec 164: Is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions and community organizations. Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (example: SEIU, UAW and ACORN).
- Pg 72 Lines 8-14: Government is creating a Health Insurance Exchange to bring private health care plans under Government control.
- Pg 84 Sec 203: Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private healthcare plans in the Exchange. All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans).
- PG 85 Line 7: Specs for Benefit Levels for Plans = The Government will ration your Healthcare!
- PG 91 Lines 4-7: Government mandates linguistic appropriate services. Example – Translation for illegal aliens.
- Pg 95 Lines 8-18: The Government will use groups (i.e., ACORN & Americorps) to sign up individual for Government Healthcare plan.
- PG 85 Line 7: Specs of Benefit Levels for Plans. AARP members – Your health care WILL be rationed.
- -PG 102 Lines 12-18: Medicaid Eligible Individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. There will be NO choice allowed.
- pg 124 lines 24-25: No company can sue Government on price fixing. No “judicial review” against Government Monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
- pg 127 Lines 1-16: Doctors/ AMA – The Government will tell YOU what you can make.
- Pg 145 Line 15-17 An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public option plan. NO CHOICE!
- Pg 146 Lines 22-25 Employers MUST pay for healthcare for part time employees AND their families.
- Pg 149 Lines 16-24 ANY employer with payroll $400k and above who does not provide public option pays 8% tax on all payroll.
- Pg 150 Lines 9-13 Businesses with payroll between $251k & $400k, who do not provide public option, pays 2-6% tax on all payroll.
- Pg 167 Lines 18-23: ANY individual who doesn’t have acceptable healthcare according to the Government will be taxed 2.5% of income.
- Pg 170 Lines 1-3: Any NONRESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes. (Americans will pay)
- Pg 195: Officers and employees of Healthcare Administration (Government) will have access to ALL Americans financial and personal records.
- Pg 203 Line 14-15: “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax.” Yes, it says that.
- Pg 239 Line 14-24: Government will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, and the poor are affected.
- Pg 241 Line 6-8: Doctors, doesn’t matter what specialty you have, you’ll all be paid the same.
- PG 253 Line 10-18: Government sets the value of Doctor’s time, professional judgment, etc. Literally the value of humans.
- PG 265 Sec 1131: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries.
- PG 268 Sec 1141: Federal Government regulates rental and purchase of power driven wheelchairs.
- Pg 272 Sec 1145: TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS – Cancer patients – welcome to rationing!
- Page 280 Sec 1151: The Government will penalize hospitals for what Government deems preventable re-admissions.
- Pg 298 Lines 9-11: Doctors – treat a patient during initial admission that results in a re-admission – the Government will penalize you.
- Pg 317 L 13-20: PROHIBITION on ownership/investment. Government tells doctors what/how much they can own.
- Pg 317-318 lines 21-25,1-3: PROHIBITION on expansion – Government is mandating hospitals cannot expand.
- pg 321 2-13: Hospitals have opportunity to apply for exception, BUT community input required. Can you say ACORN?!!
- Pg335 L 16-25 Pg 336-339: Government mandates establishment of outcome based measures. Also known as rationing.
- Pg 341 Lines 3-9: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Adv Plans, HMOs, etc. Forcing everyone into Government plan.
- Pg 354 Sec 1177: Government will RESTRICT enrollment of special needs people.
- Pg 379 Sec 1191: Government creates more bureaucracy – Telehealth Advisory Committee. Healthcare by phone.
- Pg 425 Lines 4-12: Government mandates Advance Care Planning Consultant. Counseling for Senior Citizens to prepare for end of life.
- Pg 425 Lines 17-19: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney. Mandatory!
- Pg 425 Lines 22-23, 426 Lines 1-3: Government provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in death.
- Pg 427 Lines 15-24: Government mandates program for orders for end of life. The Government dictates how your life ends.
- Pg 429 Lines 1-9: An “Advanced Care Planning Consultant” will be used frequently as patient’s health deteriorates.
- PG 429 Lines 10-12: “Advanced Care Planning Consultant” may include an ORDER for end of life plans. AN ORDER from the Government.
- Pg 429 Lines 13-25: The Government will specify which Doctors can write an end-of-life order. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
- PG 430 Lines 11-15: The Government will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life.
- Pg 469: Community Based Home Medical Services = Non profit organizations. Hello, ACORN Medical Services here!!?
- Page 472 Lines 14-17: PAYMENT TO COMMUNITY-BASED ORGANIZATION. One monthly payment to a community-based organization. Like ACORN?
- PG 489 Sec 1308: The Government will cover Marriage and Family therapy. Which means they will insert Government into your marriage.
- Pg 494-498: Government will cover Mental Health Services including defining, creating, rationing those services.
* * *
Contact your congressperson and senators to express your views. If you don’t know who they are, you can find them here: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/directory/congdir.tt.
Congress doesn’t even know how to balance a checkbook. How can we believe that they can control healthcare costs. We have seen the results of their meddling in the housing market and financial market. Our children and grandchildren are now burdened with paying for the mistakes that congress makes.